Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Just a quickie post to get into the festive season and post my first ever attempts at shooting Christmas lights. I tried mostly ICM shots as I knew without a tripod I wasn't going to get sharp shots of the lights as is. Well they weren't great individually but collaged up I don't think they look too bad. The first is the shop/home of a retired electrician who I guess started putting up lights as advertising for his business, and has continued doing so ever since. It's rather fun to see. The second picture is a Christmas tree in the village square.



I'll finish up with some kitty pics as these are all the new photos I have left. You can see how it's hard for me to relax on the sofa - there is not enough room for all four of us. Bad enough with just one of them! Yet of course, when I retire to my bed to get a bit more room to stretch out, you can guess what happens. :-)



My OH bought a footstool some years back to put his feet up on when he was suffering with plantar something-or-other, but of course that got taken over too..... really there is not a chair/bed/sofa/anything that humans may want to sit or lie on in the house that is not then deemed belonging to the cats. But if you've got cats, then you know that this is entirely normal. Probably much the same with dogs too. :-)



I think I will sign out for the rest of the year as I doubt I'll be spending a lot of time sitting at my desktop computer, let alone get out taking photos. I need to rest and heal now that (woohoo!!) my radiotherapy sessions are over. So I'll see you in the New Year and I wish you all the very best for the festive season and may all your wishes come true in 2015. xx

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic news that the radiotherapy is over. I am SO pleased for you. Great pictures as always and the cats are adorable. Happy Christmas Mandy (ps will post the salve in the new year) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, CT and I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday. I had a better day than I'd imagined, full of roast beef (to make a change from tradition) and the stage show of the Sound of Music (my fave movie, so another change from tradition!). xx

      Delete
  2. Love your lights collage and those cats look really contented, not surprising really judging by the life they lead.
    So glad your radiotherapy is over and you will no doubt gain more energy now that they are.
    All the best to you and K and the cats of course, Merry Christmas.

    Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Philippa. I'm sure you had a lovely Xmas in your new home and much love to you and Alan. I must be under the weather as you know my sweet tooth, yet all I managed was one slice of Lidl stollen and 3 chocs. Unheard of on Xmas Day!! xx

      Delete
  3. Like the tree lights, middle one looks like someone dancing. Great that your radiotherapy is finished and wishing you and your OH and the cats a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Ian. Hope you had a wonderful Xmas! :-)

      Delete
  4. You did a great job on those lights Mandy - that last set in blue with the one in the middle reminds me of an indian chief :) lol maybe I've too much of a vivid imagination. Good news on the therapy and that you'll now have time to heal and gain your strength again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie and thanks very much. Interesting who sees what in the Xmas lights - a bit like Marianne's pareidolia photos! xx

      Delete
  5. I think you've done very well with your lights-at least you got out and photo'd some, I kept saying I would, but never did. The middle image reminds me a little of the 'starkicker' image from a TV music show from the 70's called the Old Grey Whistle Test...

    I'd have to admit that I'm not really much of a cat person but, we have very similar problems with our little dog x They are lovely photos though and they do all look quite content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, JJ. Sorry for the delay replying but haven't turned on big computer for several days so not checked emails. I do remember the 'Gristle Test' but not the logo which I had to Google. :-)

      We are all mostly either cat or dog people, funny how that is, as tons of people have both. Wishing you a Happy New Year and hope not too many fireworks near you to scare your little dog. xx

      Delete
  6. Wishing you a 'Successfully recovering 2015' Mandy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Roy - guess where I'm spending New Year's Eve - on the sofa covered in cats! Nothing new there. ;-) Happy New Year to you.

      Delete