Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday 26 January 2012

Decisions, decisions

Yesterday was so gloomy and dismal, faced with another day attempting to clear up some of this


or stay inside and make this


there really was no contest! This is an apple and fresh ginger cake, and whilst it didn't really make any inroads into my egg mountain I did get to use up some of the last of the Granny Smith apples which are going off, and chucked in some chopped walnuts for good measure. The recipe is easy and it is now one of my few absolutely foolproof recipes which I make again and again (foolproof for me is something I've made at least 3 times and has never failed me!). The recipe is here.  After baking the cake I even sewed up some of my jumper too!

And now the sun is shining and I am off outside!

2 comments:

  1. oh I'm going to have to give that apple cake a go - looks great and we have an egg mountain and apples trying to go off too! - I bet it freezes well. that wont help my freezer crisis !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love it, the fresh ginger makes a world of difference..... :-)

    ReplyDelete