Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday 17 February 2012

French Friday - Villa Arnaga

I have noticed that on Google+ there seem to be a number of Friday photo themes going on, including French Friday, so in the spirit of things and as a way to show some of my photos of this beautiful country in which I live, allons-y!

Villa Arnaga, Cambo-les-Bains, Pyrenees Atlantiques

This fabulous house and garden is the former home of Edmond Rostand, author of Cyrano de Bergerac, and now a museum. The style of the house is in typical Basque architecture which is very colourful, and coupled with the garden and views, makes it impossible not to take far too many photographs of! We visited here last October whilst holidaying in the Basque country. The pictures speak for themselves.







The back of the house is just as beautiful


Enormous Plumbago showing just how mild the climate is - mine has to come indoors in winter


... and every beautiful garden has to have a peacock!

http://www.arnaga.com/

4 comments:

  1. I love peacocks, particularly for their call... One day I my have a garden that deserves one!! Mind you I believe they wander off, which is why they usually live in extensive parkland and not scrubby little fields. Ho hum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their feathers but I have heard they are supposed to bring bad luck, or something. I've never wanted any but like seeing them in those sort of stately gardens where they seem to always be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They bring you bad luck if the owner of the bird catches you nicking them!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was parking in Trago Mills near Liskeard one morning. Got out of the car, closed the door and there was a peacock displaying, standing right next to me. It frightened the life out of me. They are beautiful, but the noise they make gets very tiring after a few minutes and they eat crops and are a real pain if they're not contained.
    Sandra http://livingin22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete